Currently interviewing for a recruitment role?
Congratulations! At GSR2R, the rec to rec specialists, we have your back.
It’s a challenging time in recruitment and if you find yourself interviewing or having chats with prospective employers during the Covid-19 crisis, it’s a good idea to be prepared for those unexpected questions. You may be asked your thoughts around how the current crisis is affecting the recruitment market and the sector you work in. Having answers would really set you apart from other candidates and show you are commercially aware and thinking about your career.
As a leading London based rec to rec, here are some extra questions to be prepared for when interviewing for a recruitment role during the Covid-19 crisis.
Here are 6 extra questions to think about:
- How have you spent your time in lockdown? High performers in recruitment will want to be constantly learning and thinking of new ways to move forward
- How would you adapt your recruitment style to working in the current market? Commercially aware recruiters will have new ideas and have adapted their style
- What areas of your market are recruiting right now and will be in the near future? It’s important you understand your market and what, if anything, is changing right now
- How would you engage with your candidate and client base moving forward? A strong relationship builder will have empathy and would want to get to know the client/candidate and understand their needs today
- How will the Covid-19 crisis affect the market place you recruit into? Be great to show you understand what is happening and have opinions around this
- What would success look like to you? This may change from previous years’ so have thoughts on what you would like to achieve/succeed, recruiters with clear goals are more likely to be motivated